Friday, June 11, 2010

Update!

I haven't taken any pictures, but I will in the next couple days when I move everyone outside! But I thought I would jump on and give an update about everyone. I've lost 2 green tomatoes, I think the nutes were a little too strong. Going to look up recommended EC for each different plant and not go by what the company recommends. Right now it's at 1.6, I also think it might have been due to water dripping on a couple of the leaves. But the one that made it is doing awesome.
The pepper plant is still growing slow, but it IS growing! And the melons are about ready to be moved to their outside permanent home!! I just have to rig something up for them to vine on. Same with the cukes. I did lose one also to leaf damage.
I also have an insane aphid problem!! I'm groing them organically, so I'm not using chemicals. I caught some ladybugs and let them loose in there, but that was a huge fail LOL I'm looking for natural remedies, so if anyone has any, please forward them to me! I know there's something with neem oil, and i have some so I just have to find the recipe! So far they're just on my bell pepper plant (not the small hot pepper plant) and starting to go on my melon plants.

So that's it for now. Everyone's doing great for the most part. Not growing as fast as I'd like. Going to flush the system for a week and start over with the nutes (nutrients) and then move most outside in the sun. Hope to get my HID lights up also for my other plants and plant some lettuce in a home made DWC system. Hubby's going to help hopefully :)
~~Cheri~~

No comments:

Post a Comment