Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting bigger!

Wow, what a weekend! Memorial Day weekend is always pretty busy for me. My husband usually comes home for the long weekend (he works all over the country and has to fly home) so we have a lot of things to fit into one weekend! He hasn't been home for 7 weeks, so you can imagine! We always have a family barbeque (and by family I mean him and I and our kids and occasionally a friend who has nowhere to go). We went to the creek and took our mini bbq to cook on. It was nice :) Kids had a great time and I got some much needed sun! (I'm pretty sure people went blind from my legs/...)

So, my hydro plants are doing awesome! They started to get a little nutrient burn, so I've changed the water and went a little lower EC then the recommendation from the manufacturer. I also found out the reason why my little cajun pepper plant hasnt really grown much is because the ec is about 3 times as high as peppers like!! Learn by mistakes. I hate doing that, but it really is unavoidable I guess. So I'll be switching it to its own system tonight or tomorrow. I still have to cut the holes and get it ready LOL

So here's everyone now.
If you can see the plants in a bag in the back, those are my blueberry bushes. idk where I'm goign to out them yet, so they're just kind of hanging out in the hydro room. But here's my german green tomatoes (aunt ruby's).

Aunt Ruby's German Greens

My Lemon Cucumbers:

Lemon Cucumbers

My Tigger Melons:

Tigger Melons

And my Cajun Peppers that need some help!

cajun pepper

All in all everything is going pretty good. It could be worse ;) lol The water change should help things out a lot and getting the cajun pepper in its own system with the right EC will be a difference of night and day I'm sure!!

~~Cheri~~

No comments:

Post a Comment